With lefties making up approximately 10-12% of the world population, there ain’t many of them, and the simplest of tasks can become a real nightmare. After all, we live in a mans, right-handed world!
But lefties are not to be underestimated, because there are some pretty cool facts compiled by LeftyFretz.com about the ol’ minority group that everyone loves to hate:
1. Lefties are more likely to be insomniacs – so that means we get sh*t DONE!
2. Lefties are three times more likely to become alcoholics – the right side of the brain has a lower tolerance to alcohol, apparently. We’re not saying that’s a good thing, but hey, cheers to that.
3. Lefties are more likely to be on extreme poles of the intelligence scale – so this means we’re either really dumb (but of course better at other things), or really damn smart!
4. Which leads on to our next fact… Of the seven most recent U.S Presidents, 4 have been left handed – that’s a pretty high percentage considering only 10% of the world are lefties!
5. Lefties are better at 3D perception and thinking, so we really know how to think outside the box
6. Lefties are better at multi-tasking, so not only do they get sh*t done, they get sh*t done all at once
7. Lefties are 39% more likely to be homosexual
8. Lefties make especially good baseball players, tennis players, swimmers, boxers and fencers (almost 40% of the top tennis players are lefties)! Probably because they are harder and more unusual to play against.
9. Lefties are more likely to pursue creative careers – lefties predominantly use the right hand side of their brain, also known as the creative side.
10. Lefties have their own day! August 13th – International Left Handers Day
SOURCE: ZM Online